Five reasons why I want a Kindle
- My luggage won’t be overweight from cramming too many books into it when I travel
- I won’t break my shoulder with my hand luggage, into which I’ve shoved all the book so that my bags aren’t overweight
- Sadly enough, downloaded books are a whole lot cheaper than real ones. With the amount of reading I do, that’s a big attraction
- I won’t squash the pages of a Kindle when I shove it into my handbag/down the side of the sofa/when I fall asleep on it late at night
- I will look like a hip middle-aged techno-whizz
Five reasons why I don’t want a Kindle
- How could an electronic gadget replace the feel of paper pages?
- It won’t have that clean, woodchip smell that a new book has
- A Kindle won’t feel like a friend when I hold it
- I can’t have a pile of Kindles next to my bed
- Books have existed for millenia – will Kindles?